STYLING FLORALS: 3 REASONS YOU SHOULD WEAR FLORAL PRINT

March 29, 2017



Hey guys!

So it’s spring right? Well, in Nigeria it’s the wet season (rainy season) and just like spring, flowers are blooming everywhere. And will be blooming on your clothing too: on dresses, skirts, pants, jackets and so much more. I mean, have you guys seen the trending floral shoes and bags? Been seeing a lot them lately on online stores and on Instagram in fact. I’m loving the trend and I’ve got my eyes on a few. Plus at the moment, I’m also enjoying the sight of florals everywhere.

OOTD:
Jeans @mango
Bag @audaciousng by Samoe
Shoes @jumia by Paperdolls



Moving to today’s topic, I’ll be sharing three reasons why you should wear floral prints. These are like my benefits of wearing florals.

  • TO AMPLIFY YOUR STYLE: As you can see in my outfit, you could amp up your simple jeans and tee by adding a floral jacket or kimono (in my case) to it. Here, I’m wearing a boyfriend jean and a simple black tube. Adding the floral kimono to my outfit instantly brought about a major pop of style. Now imagine if my kimono was the maxi, head to toe type. Hmmm… If you haven’t, my advice is you try such ensemble a lot sooner than later. My dear, you would literally slay!!!

  • TO BRIGHTEN UP YOUR LOOK: Wearing bright floral pieces is a good way to brighten up your look. During the rainy days, the weather tends to be dull and gloomy sometimes, especially in the mornings. Well, you could brighten up not just your look alone but also your day by simply wearing a bright floral ensemble. It could be a dress, skirt, or pants. On days like these, I prefer floral dresses or a two piece (a set of floral crop top and penciled high waist skirt). You could also brighten up a simple all black or all dark look by adding a bright floral piece to your ensemble. It could be a floral scarf, kimono, jacket etc.

  • TO HIDE FLAWS (if any): Did you know than an all-over (floral) print keeps eyes moving? Pulling them away from problem spots? Well, if you didn’t know, now you do. I need not say any further.




After all is said and done, if you still think floral prints are not for you, you might want to try a lacy floral patterned piece.

Thanks for reading guys, please, let me know what you think about floral prints. Kindly share your tips for styling florals if you got any.

Photographed by bae (reason for my chatty faces) using a Samsung phone.
PS:  I didn't plan to use these for a blog post, but it quite served the purpose.

xoxo
Maudleen


You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTA FEED