Styling Ankara: Two Ways

May 31, 2017

ankara wrap top, ankara wrap skirt, black shoes

Hey guys! It’s been a minute, how did May treat you? 2017 has got no chill, I can’t believe it’s the end of the month already.
Outfit Details:
Top and Skirt set – Maudiffied
Shoes (look 1 and 2) – Jumia
Bangle – Jumia
Pants – Morgan
ankara wrap top, ankara wrap skirt, black pumps

So you know how I’ve been obsessing over wrap dresses. I mentioned it in previous post how I’m so into all sorts of wrap clothing. Well, on today’s post I’m styling two wrap pieces; a wrap top and a wrap skirt. Now I was supposed to share three ways to style these two pieces, but on shoot day, time was not on our side as we started late and Millennium Park closes by 6:00pm. So that pretty much sums up why I couldn’t shoot the third look on that day. Although I intended to do a photoshoot for the third look, but you wouldn’t believe that I haven’t had time at all. And I can’t keep holding the post- the month is gone already. So here we go guys, instead of three ways I’m doing two.
It’s pretty easy when it comes to styling prints. One could either mix or match the pieces. And there are unlimited ways to mix Ankara pieces like these. So for Look One, I simply matched the set and because of the style of the wrap skirt, I didn’t need to accessorize much as there was already a chic and edgy appeal to my look. I finished my look with a pair of black bow detailed pumps and a statement bangle.
ankara wrap top, ankara wrap skirt, pumps

ankara wrap top, wrap skirt, pumps, statement bangle

Ankara wrap top, wrap skirt, black pumps

And for Look Two, I paired the top with a pair of black pants. I opted for black pants because black is safe, you know “Black is a safe go to” LOL. Also went for my favorite pair of black mules and finished with the same statement bangle. For a bright look, I plan to pair this wrap top with orange pants and/or white pants. Can’t wait to see how the look turns out. In future posts, I’d be pairing this skirt with a different top and I also can’t wait to share. That’d be the supposed “look three”.
ankara wrap top. black pants, black mules

Ankara wrap top and pants

Ankara wrap top and black pants

I hope you like the different looks I’ve put together. Thanks for stopping by.
Much love,

Maudleen.

P.S: If you feel this post was hurried, my dear you are right.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTA FEED